New York, NY
Press and Events Assistant
Gagosian Gallery is hiring a full time Press and Events Assistant.
The Press and Events Assistant will help with gallery press, as well as planning and executing gallery events. This will include researching venues, assisting on site at events, responding to general information requests, and working with image distribution.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
● Sending event invitations and logging responses
● Requesting venue information
● Updating and maintaining internal databases
● Responding to general information requests
● Liaising with archivists and artists to confirm image rights
● Compiling image sheets for press distribution
● Liaising with building management, insurance agencies and external photographers for filming and photographing exhibitions
● Administrative tasks
BA is required, preferably in an art related field. Must have previous experience in the art world and with press and events, as well as the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Meticulous attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, and attention to time-sensitivity are essential. This is a great opportunity for growth.
The job is Monday - Friday, but the candidate must be flexible in the hours they are able to work as the role is events-based and occasionally involves working on weekends. As this is a public facing position, the applicant must have a polished personal presence.
Full-Time/Regular/Non-Exempt/Salaried position with overtime.
Commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package including three weeks’ paid vacation.
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] with 'Press and Events Assistant Position' in the subject line. Walk ins and phone calls will not be accepted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.