Beverly Hills, CA
Gagosian Beverly Hills seeks a full-time Librarian / Junior Archivist for immediate hire.
Meticulous attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, and attention to time-sensitivity are essential. Individual must also have superior judgment.
The position schedule is Tuesday–Saturday, 9:30am–6:00pm, with additional hours for openings and events.
Duties include but not limited to:
Basic Archivist responsibilities:
- Maintain and update digital image archive
- Photograph and digitally archive images of artworks that pass through the gallery
- Process images by editing and resizing in Photoshop
- Provide images and permissions for image requests from press and outside institutions
- Coordinate installation photography of current exhibitions
Basic Librarian responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain library collection by researching and acquiring relevant publications
- Provide research assistance and write provenance documents for sales staff
- Catalog books according to library standards
- Coordinate book fair participation, curate tables/booths
Polished, professional, groomed personal appearance is essential. As a representative of the gallery, candidates must be polite and have impeccable verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (for PC)
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (particularly Photoshop and InDesign)
- Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) degree preferred
- Experience with digital photography and image archiving
Full-Time/Regular/Non-Exempt/Salaried position with overtime per CA state labor regulations.
Commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package including three weeks’ paid vacation.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected], with “Librarian/Archivist” as the subject line. Only qualified candidates will be contacted, please NO visits or phone calls.
Gagosian is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.