NEW YORK, NY
Gagosian Gallery seeks an experienced, highly-skilled Art Handler/Registrar.
The Art Handler/Registrar will arrange the safe movement and exhibition of art. This includes first and foremost handling and hanging world class art for private viewings and public exhibitions. This is an opportunity to work on preeminent art exhibitions and international art fairs. This position requires the ability to handle a high level of volume and complexity, with attention to time-sensitivity. Detail orientation along with the ability to multi-task is a must.
Minimum 3 years’ experience handling high-value art as an Art Handler/ Registrar in the auction/fine-art shipper/gallery/museum environment. Knowledge including but not limited to strong fine-art art handling, hanging, lighting, supplier contacts, packing and crating, modes of transport, import and export compliance in the US and other countries.
Duties include but not limited to:
• Hanging and lighting of high-end contemporary art for exhibitions and viewings
• Condition Reporting incoming and outgoing works
• Inventory and database management
• Coordinate local, domestic and international shipments and deliveries and manage relevant communications in a clear, concise and seamless fashion
• Organize and file incoming and outgoing forms, complete condition reports and shipping documents
• Oversee all consignment and loan agreements, including transport to museums galleries, clients and artists
• Packing, shipping, installation, de-installation, condition reports, wall repair, lighting of works and projects as requested
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
• BA or BS required, preferably in an art field or extensive art experience
Full-Time/Regular/Non-Exempt/Salaried position with overtime.
Commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package including three weeks’ paid vacation.
Please email resume and cover letter to: [email protected]. No calls or drop ins will be responded to.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities.